Optimize Your Central Sterile Processing
Central sterile processing is a critical component of operations, financial management and patient care for hospitals, health systems and outpatient surgical centers. For patients, the state of your central sterile processing unit can impact clinical outcomes, infection rates and the length of their stay. For your organization, it affects readmission rates, the preparedness of surgeons and the cost of instruments.
Surgical Directions improves the collaboration of sterile processing with surgical and procedural teams by:
- Engaging in peer-to-peer discussions within sterile processing, as well as surgical and procedural departments
- Building rapport and improving communication across teams and departments
- Addressing instrument set delivery challenges
- Assessing and refining sterile processing procedures
- Minimizing compliance and sentinel event risk
- Improving patient and surgeon safety
- Increasing cross-team efficiencies and communication
You can’t afford to neglect your central sterile processing department, but even a competent one can benefit from an objective assessment and expert recommendations to ensure that best practices are in place.
With Surgical Directions, your organization can be certain that central sterile processing is improving the patient experience while minimizing waste and costs in the operating room.