Perioperative Nurse Consultant
The Nurse Consultant, Perioperative Nursing Services provides clinical consultation to clients through assessment and implementation of proven best practice methods to transform perioperative and procedural service departments within hospitals and other healthcare facilities. The Nurse Consultant Perioperative Nursing Services primarily functions as a member of a multidisciplinary clinical and operational team to influence change in culture and processes through an established perioperative governance model and leads performance improvement teams comprised of front-line constituents and primary stake holders.
The individual oversees the nursing aspects of client engagements, with support of Senior Nursing Leadership, and is responsible for coaching and mentoring current clinical staff and leadership at assigned engagements. As part of the consulting team, the individual will lend expertise on nursing and leadership best practice.
The individual must travel to client locations on a defined schedule that is coordinated through the project management team. Travel is up to 80%.
Proven written and oral communication skills are a must and prior consulting experience is preferred. The individual is expected to provide routine correspondence in both verbal and written methods to team members and clients on progress and status of each assigned engagement and must be able to simultaneously manage multiple engagements.
Participate in assigned clinical assessment engagements and documents findings per project team direction.
- Maintains industry knowledge regarding current Perioperative and out-of-OR Service’s operational and business metrics
- Maintains industry knowledge regarding current supply chain practice
- Develops and maintains key relationships with new and existing clientele
- Responsible for facilitation of performance improvement teams and clinical leadership meetings during implementations, as well as attendance and participation at additional on-site meetings as necessary
- Identifies improvement opportunities and formulates quantified recommendations and metrics of success for each engagement
- Monitors that the implementation recommendations -to improve nursing and perioperative services are effectively and efficiently implemented by hospital leadership
- Assists Project Managers by providing input during the drafting and completion of proposals and final reports to clients
- Collaborates and reports- the effectiveness of interim directors, SPD managers, clinical educators and other interim personnel that have been placed through Surgical Directions at assigned client sites as directed by the SVP Clinical Operations
- Support development of deliverables and company assets Must be able to connect the assessment and implementation efforts with financial impact, and quantify the impact
- Mentor and coach peers and team members to help them grow in their careers
- Be coachable and mentored by colleagues
- Be willing to explain clinical aspects of our delivery with non-clinical team members
- Continue to learn and read about our industry, market trends, innovations and other relevant topics (e.g., Value Based Care, Central Sterile, Patient Access, Digital engagement, etc.); teach and share with others
- Participates in scheduled conference calls for both client updates and internal Surgical Directions business activities
- Contribute to the firm’s brand awareness by either participating in one trade show or one blog publication as directed by Surgical Directions marketing team
- Support efforts to grow Surgical Directions, including sales calls, internal analyses, strategic planning efforts, trainings, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Master’s degree (MSN/M.A.) or equivalent; or four-to-ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CNOR certification
- Must be proficient in MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
- Reports To: Director, Perioperative Services
- Supervises: N/A
Interested candidates can email their resumes to email@example.com